I purchased an annual Stock membership, with the first month free.The Adobe website states I can cancel risk free within the first month.
So I did. But instead of canceling risk free, I was slapped with a surprise $175 fee out of left field. When I opened a chat with "Customer Care" to resolve the issue, they just used high-pressure sales tactics to pressure me into keeping my membership (+$300!) by offering me free months. Only after I sent a screenshot of the Adobe website (where it clearly states that I can cancel risk free at any time during the first month) did he promptly cancel my membership with no explanation as to why I was being threatened with a cancelation fee in the first place.
The experience was cold, impersonal and deceptive. Obviously it's not the employee's fault that this happened, it's Adobe's. Adobe trains their people to use high pressure sales tactics and uses deceptive marketing to make money through unjustified fees.
The company has completely lost my trust.Though I'm a lifelong Adobe customer, and I will never purchase from Adobe again after this eye-opening experience.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- How adobe use to be when customers mattered
- Life before creative cloud
What I disliked
- Should have been able to cancel
- Customer service
- Deceptive marketing
- High pressure sales
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Adobe Stock
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Here is a history of the correspondence and terrible service I have received from BrickFence. You can make up you own mind as to whether to do business with this..."
- " I've purchased from Gearbest.com in March 04th, 2016 this Blue RC Car (model Wltoys A949)(http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_227253.html) but they just sent me a different Blue RC Car. So, I..."
- "I applied for a position with 3D Printing, Inc. in July, 2013. This job posting was found on Careerbuilder.com. On July 11, 2013, I was accepted for the position of..."
- " (This was sent to the salesmen who sold me this job) I just wanted to let you know how unhappy I was with our move. I tried calling you..."
- "Bad sanding and bubbly paint..."
- "I bought two salads from my neighborhood Walmart .. I didn't enjoy either and ended up tossing half of my money away because the salad was uneatable containing BROWN/OLD lettuce...."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."