Adobe Stock - DECEPTIVE MARKETING AND SALES

13 of 59 Adobe reviews

I purchased an annual Stock membership, with the first month free.The Adobe website states I can cancel risk free within the first month.

So I did. But instead of canceling risk free, I was slapped with a surprise $175 fee out of left field. When I opened a chat with "Customer Care" to resolve the issue, they just used high-pressure sales tactics to pressure me into keeping my membership (+$300!) by offering me free months. Only after I sent a screenshot of the Adobe website (where it clearly states that I can cancel risk free at any time during the first month) did he promptly cancel my membership with no explanation as to why I was being threatened with a cancelation fee in the first place.

The experience was cold, impersonal and deceptive. Obviously it's not the employee's fault that this happened, it's Adobe's. Adobe trains their people to use high pressure sales tactics and uses deceptive marketing to make money through unjustified fees.

The company has completely lost my trust.Though I'm a lifelong Adobe customer, and I will never purchase from Adobe again after this eye-opening experience.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • How adobe use to be when customers mattered
    • Life before creative cloud
  • What I disliked
    • Runaround
    • Should have been able to cancel
    • Customer service

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
13 of 59 Adobe reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 30 #1166431

Adobe has turned this into a nightmare. Stock practices that like this are now causing me to want to participate in a class action against Adobe. They have the deceptive "get 10 free images" promotion they ran heavily, and have the cancellation fee deep in the legalese. They make cancelling very difficult. In addition to that they been charging my credit card for the fees, even though I've cancelled and worked to get out of the fees. These tactics are heavy-handed, and need to get more publicity. Their nasty practices are poisoning end-user relationships even further.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Adobe. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Adobe.
Filing a new complaint about
×